Friday, January 6, 2012

Beef Savings Fund or Who Knows a Good Boarding Preschool?!




So, many of you know about my "job" as a ticket buyer. The strangest job acquired through the longest possible six degrees of Kevin Bacon type thing. It is great. I do minimal work for some nice cha-ching!! The only downside is that it is unpredictable. Before the holidays, for example, business was booming. Before that, however, it could be less than once a week I'd get to go. So that money really can't be budgeted. It can, however, be spent with reckless abandon!! Like last night, when we piled all the kids in the van and went to Texas Roadhouse. Or, as the kids call it, the "throw your peanuts on the floor restaurant!"

The kids love this place. Haroon likes the giant steaks. I like to not have to cook dinner, so really it's a win-win-win situation! The only problem is that the boys are growing. Not kidding, they are eating machines. They both put away massive amounts of steak last night. I am considering opening a savings account for their food. Because I am pretty sure this eat-till-there-are-no-crumbs-left-on-the-table thing is not going to end anytime soon! But for now, they are adorable young boys. For proof, here are some photos of them doing the line dancing with the waitresses. They were nice to them and I could hear them telling them the steps. It was sweet when they all gave the boys high fives at the end!! Y spent the rest of the meal sure they were going to start dancing again and he would miss it somehow. He kept saying "I think they're dancing." "I think they're starting!" etc... boy was he happy when they danced again!

It's crazy how much more I like the kids when they're back in school! It must sound awful, but 18 days of 4 kids constantly bickering was enough to make me wish the kids attended boarding school!! Yes, boarding preschool. Boarding kindergarten. The kids seem happier too. They seem to love routines, which is unfortunate for them, as I am completely incapable of creating or maintaining one. But... that's topic for a whole different post on a different day!!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

What is your job as a ticket buyer? What is that? I don't get it.

But boys hoovering up everything in front of them? It's just starting.

I like the throw the peanuts on the floor restaurant too. But I can't take my three anywhere anymore. Anywhere.