Saturday, December 31, 2011

H's Reading Party


Super Nerds that we are, we throw "reading parties" for our kids when they learn to read. We go all-out. It started with Y, obviously. In his class, they have a "special reader of the day" that reads to the class at the end of the day. He worked really hard on this book, so we decided to reward his efforts with a trophy that we presented him in front of his class with his name engraved and it said "Our Special Reader." With O, we went to Casa Gallardo to eat fried ice cream, and got him a trophy that says "Super Reader, Writer and Speller". H's party consisted of "cake with candles you blow out" and a surprise party in her room. Her trophy says "Champion Reader, Writer and Speller." The trophy store guy thinks we're a bit nuts, but luckily we'll only have one more reading trophy to buy... assuming that I learns how to read!! I can tell they really treasure their trophies, because I just asked O what his trophy says and he recited it to me... even the exact date!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love that you do this, and I wish more people did. I may pin your blog to pinterest because it is such a good idea!